Thursday, October 15, 2009

20th Anniversary of the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror

--> Photo from FOX Broadcasting Company

As you might know this Sunday is the annual Treehouse of Horror episode of the Simpsons. But you might not know that is the 20th anniversary of the special show. I got an email from FOX stating that:

"THE SIMPSONS scares up three new bone-chilling tales of the strange, spooky and supernatural. The frightfest begins with an homage to classic Hitchcock films. Then, the scare-ific tricks continue in a parody of the horror film "28 Days Later." In a nod to the Broadway musical "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street," Moe serves the bar flies a delicious microbrew mixed with Homer's blood in the third final frightening fable" (FOX Newsletter, FOX Broadcasting Company Oct. 2009).

Sounds interesting. I have not seen any Hitchcock films or the Sweeney Todd (I'll put that DVD on hold as soon as I post this), so I don't think I'll get all the jokes imbedded within the episode. So, yeah don't expect my review to be stellar.

I enjoyed last years Treehouse of Horror, especially that one with the Grand Pumpkin. I leave you with some of my favorite dialogue in the episode.

Grand Pumpkin: I dont care thats a yellow pumpkin
Nelson: huh you're a racist!
Grand Pumpkin: I dont care at least I admit it...Pumpkin segregation forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment