Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!


photo from http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/2/E/simp16FamilyXmas.jpg

Make sure you have a grumply, grumply christmas/ filled with grumply gru. A grumply, grumply christmas to you!!

LoL The Simpsons episode with the Grumple came on yesterday, so my song was inspired by that.

I'm still running a bit behind on news ...Simpsons arcade game and Jedward.... but I just read an small interesting story in the New York Times about the Vatican and The Simpsons. Apparently the Vatican official newspaper praised the show and its writers for its realisticness and great writing. On the other hand they also expressed their disdain for the shows language and sometimes crude topics.... umm I guess they haven't seen Family Guy... but not moments like Homer mispronouncing Jesus' name ("Save me Jebus!!!") and the renouncing his fate (can't think of a specific moment, but I remember Homer stealing cable and not wanting to go to church). But they do like that fact that Homer always "finds in God his last refuge". He does still go to church and decided not to watch the big fight on the stolen cable.

So yeah don't feel guilty if you decide to spend today having a Simpsons marathon, but I do suggest you try to stick to the Christmas episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment