Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy 20th Birthday to The Simpsons!

It was December 17, 1989 when the first full episode of The Simpsons,"Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire" premiered. I don't remember when I first started watching The Simpsons, when it first premeired I was only about 2 years old. However, I do remember watching it when my brother and I matched the ages of Bart and Lisa, meaning when I was 8 years old. Since then I've watched the Simpsons on and off. It wasn't until high school that I started watching it regularly and started to pay attention to the new episodes on Sundays. Soon I started to realize how The Simpsons covers almost every aspect of life and began annoying my family and friends (and strangers) by pointing out how every situation reminded me of something "on this episode of The Simpsons." Now I am an unofficial Simpsons blogger because of my love for the show and I'm happy that I started blogging just in time to celebrate the shows 20th anniversary. Are you reliving your first memories of The Simpsons, too? Okay until next time when I get some more recaps up.

No comments:

Post a Comment