Monday, February 1, 2010

Pop Culture: "My Life as Liz"

One of my current obsessions is an obsession with Hipster Fashion. It started after I spent a semester abroad in Europe and was exposed to fashion that you would only find in Europe or among the smaller subcultures of America. After that I began to realize that there were even a handful of students in my college whom I had never noticed before wearing interesting outfits and shoes. Recently, this style has come to the forefront on certain music artists and other people in the spotlight like Kanye West, Katy Perry, and Ke$ha among others. There are even sights like thecobrasnake.com that photograph what I consider to be Hipster Parties.

The latest face in Hipster Fashion is the girl from a show called My Life As Liz. The main girl, Liz, is a super fashion hipster. She shops in vintage shops, combines unthinkable pieces, and wears the most interesting outfits. You might disagree, but it's probably because you don't get hipster fashion.

But if you're interested in seeing some hipster fashion on TV check out My Life as Liz on MTV. Thats the only reason why I watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment