Friday, June 18, 2010

2010 Summer Movies


I don't think there has been a year that I've been less excited about Summer movies.  This is probably because the few movies that I have seen have been pretty underwhelming.

The first movie I saw was Iron Man 2. I guess it was more like a Spring movie, but I consider it Summer anyway.  It had it's funny moments (Tony Starks competitor) and exciting moments (Whiplash at the race track), but it still didn't make it to that epic level of the first Iron Man.  The final fight was really short and the overall movie was kind of long. I'm not saying it wasn't good, but it didn't live up to my expectations.  It was a typical sequel...not as good as the original. 

The next movie I saw was Sex & the City 2. Once again another sequel and an unneccessary one at that.  I saw the scathing reviews, but I thought I loved the show and the first movie.  So, I figured it would be one of those times that being a fan would make it better, but I was wrong.  I tried to like it, but the storyline didn't move me and didn't even really entertain me.  It was trying to hard and was a little too much.  I felt that stories like Miranda quitting her job could've been explored a little further versus Carrie and Big's boring relationship (I think I like it better when they're fighting or struggling with their relationship).  The part in Abu Dhabi made them seem like ignorant Americans versus worldly women of New York City.  I expected more from my NYC girls.  So yeah this movie got a thumbs down from me, I'm not getting that DVD.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any other big movies, but I do have a new obsession that I might be blogging about in the future. It is called Avatar: The Last Airbender.  The movie The Last Airbender is coming out on July 1st or 2nd (I've seen 2 different dates). I just started watching the show about 3 weeks ago on Nicktoons and I have to say it is a really interesting show.  It is so well thought out that it reminds me of the Harry Potter books and as a AVID Harry Potter fan that is saying a great deal.  I love Aang, Sokka, Katara, Zuko, Iroh...everybody.  This is the one movie that I'm hoping won't disappoint me this summer. Hopefully, I'll catch some news to keep everyone informed :-) In the mean time check out the trailer below.

No comments:

Post a Comment