Sunday, September 13, 2009

VMA 2009: Be Careful What You Wish For

Okay...if you read my last post I wished for something "wild" to happen during the VMAs. I guess I spoke too soon because barely a half hour into the show Kanye West obliged my request.
He totally embarassed Taylor Swift by stealing the microphone during her VMA acceptance speech and declared that the award should have gone to Beyonce.

As much as I agreed, I could not agree with his actions. I cringed and was completely disgusted. I actually had to run away from the television because the moment was so awkward and sad. It was typical Kanye, but I think we are all getting a little sick of it. Well I guess I learned my lesson. Next time I'm going to hope for a milder moment. But you never know if Kanye is present. Luckily in the end Beyonce gave Taylor her moment.


And it didn't end there. At the conclusion of the show, as Jay-Z and Alicia Keys performed, Lil Mama got on stage. That was so confusing and shocking for me. I understood her wanting to join whole New York moment, but this was a moment for Hip Hop and R&B royalty. In other words, not a moment for a one hit wonder who managed to get a hosting gig on America's Best Dance Crew. She ought to be ashamed for embarassing NY like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment